Chicago Sunday Assembly will be electing four members of the Sunday Assembly Chicago Board of Directors in May. Nominations are invited! As this is the first year, we wish to encourage nominations and therefore do not require lengthy nomination procedures – a simple volunteering with support will suffice.
The role of a Board member is a responsible and serious one, and candidates are urged to think carefully about their ability to fulfill the role before coming forward. The role entails:
- Being a formal director of the Chicago SA charity for a six-month term.
- Being part of discussions and decisions at the heart of the charity.
- Participating in Board meetings, which are currently monthly – joining at least 50% of the meetings.
- Acting as an active conduit for communication and input about Board decisions.
- Initiating and participating in working groups and other activities on behalf of the Board.
Candidates will be asked to submit a brief 300-400 word (max) statement of their background, capabilities, interests and hopes for Chicago SA during their time on the Board to